Time management is not something you learn in school. It is something that you have to learn on your own. It doesn't matter how smart your are if you can organize yourself enough to get all you work done. I'm going to give you ten tips that will help you manage your time better.
1. Go through all of your email, and don't leave it sitting in your inbox. If you check your email and go through it when you get it, this will save you time. You will not need to scroll up and down through your email box trying to figure out what you didn't check earlier.
2. Multitasking is bad for you. Believe it or not multitasking can take more time than if you just concentrated on a task one at a time.
3. Do your most important things first. If you don't get to finish it, you will be more likely to come back to it later if you have already started.
4. Check your email on a set schedule. If you check it every time you get an email this will waste your time compared to checking it a set three times a day.
5. Keep your websites organized. Use your bookmarks to keep track of them. Having to type a url in your browser to visit a site you go to often only is not very efficient.
6. Know when you are most productive. If you work well in the day, then make sure you do the most important things during the day.
7. Think about your keystrokes. Try to reduce your keystrokes and this will save you some time.
8. Make it easy to start your work. Set yourself up from the previous day. This will make you move along faster.
9. Make a to do list and organize it every day. Having an organized to do list will help you punch out the items you need to do in a timely manner.
10. Sometimes being slow is ok. With important issues you should take your time. If not you may have to go back and fix your errors.
These are just ten general tips that can help you speed up your production. Just remember to take the important thing just a little slower to avoid redoing your work.